Friday, July 01, 2005

A new cat toy

Ok, I have to admit, the laughing thing is working. It seems silly to just break out in the giggles, for no apparent reason, it owrks in the car cause no one kows why I am laughing, but it works. I can feel the clouds lifting a little more every day. Yay! I have some flags that I made a while back for worship, just big, pretty blue and purple and gold, it's kind of an exclaimation point to my worship. I like them and my daughter loves to wave them around. Anyway, I can't do too much with them at home because of the ceiling height, one needs a big room, but I can wave them if I am sitting and not standing. so I am trying to wave my flags and sing songs, and my cat decided this must be his lucky day. Mom just pulled out the bigest, bestest cat toys he had ever seen and his eyes got really big and he stands up on top of my computer monitor (that's where he spends a great deal of his time anyway), stands on his hind legs mind you, reaching for the big cat toys. He is very dejected and kind of mad at me right now because I made him get off the flags, did not let him rip them to shreds. Poor kitty.

Samson is a big, rabbit-like grey and white cat with a big, big personality. He is sure that everyone wants to love him, and they will in fact love him, if he just gets in the right position, which is to fling himself in front of them on the floor on his back with his legs up in the air, like a complete goof ball. If you don't scratch his tummy, he figures you just haven't seen him, and he does it again with a little more flair, maybe a big stretch along the floor, hauling himself using his claws across the carpet to follow you. Star, the calico that belongs to my daughter is depressed because her person is gone for a few days. She allows us to pet her for a few minutes but that is it. Mostly she mopes.

I made myself a good new CD of some of my older favorite praise and worship music, Paul Baloche, Darrell Evans, Third Day, the kind of music I want to have running through my head, refge, first love, lead me, open the eyes of my heart etc. There is such good music out there and more available every day. Music can speak out what is in our hearts, in a way just saying it doesn't communicate. God is good, and his mercy endures forever.

We got a new seat for the ugly Suburban that we are working on. It is a bit worn but is better than the moldy seat in the car now. I get to work on valve covers today, if I can get the rust abraded off I get to paint them . I don't mind, assuming the car is unlocked and I can get to the stuff. Otherwise it iwll be a group effort tonight or tomorrow. It involves using power tools so, hey, all the more fun! Vroom!

Oh, yeah lastly, I made some great Bing Cherry Jam yesterday, and froze the rest. We have strawberries, cherries and in a week or so there will be raspberries. I love fresh fruit and it is so nice to enjoy it the rest of the year. Int he fall my mom and I go to Hood River and pick apples, and pears. There is nothing like home made applesauce.

Good week and God's blessings on all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home