Sunday, July 03, 2005

Isaiah

"Do not remember the former things or consider the things of old. Behold I will do a new thing, now it shall spring forth, shall you not know it? I will even make a road in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert."

I love Isaiah, you can just hear his voice rising and falling, see him raising his arms and gesturing with emphasis as he speaks, he is speaking God's voice, that's what prophets do, they speak out the heart of God.

The imagry of Isaiah and so many other places is making the desolate green, new life where there was death, water to the thirsty etc.

God is a God of new beginnings, we get so stuck in the rut of who we think we are and forget he makes all things new. He takes the broken pieces of our lives and not only puts them back together but makes them as if they were never broken. He set us on a new path and says, ok you are no longer hindered by the stuff that has held you back, you are free to be the person I made you to be, go be.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

That is a beautiful thought.

Monday, July 04, 2005 6:13:00 AM  
Blogger madmom said...

Aw, Thanks Sharon, it's not my thought though
:) When I am really feeling down I read Isaiah, it always lifts my spirit.

Tuesday, July 05, 2005 4:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home