Tuesday, July 12, 2005

What's new

Nothing much, really. All kids are back home and settling in for another week, next week they are off to summer camp for a week. Mom and Dad get a little break. I look forward to this every year, not because I don't enjoy their company but because everyone just gets so cranky and close quarterd in the summer. I don't know why this is, I try to get the kids ot just go outside and play but evidently this is a foreign concept, they don't know what to do. Granted, there isn't lots to do in our immediate yard but I don't remember that ever stopping me when I was a kid, we found someone elses yard to play in.

We have a free movie thing at the local cinema in the summer, a good deal (free is a very good price). The movies are, of course, kids movies but still, a movie is a movie and it's always fun to go out and watch. This week was Jonah, aVeggie Tales movie, and Cinderella Story, the kids wanted to watch Jonah. I love Veggie Tales. you'd think it would be inane, but they manage to make it cute and funny and not overly saccharine, like the Pokemon crap that gets shoved at them. I even like the songs.

I think tomorrow is going to be a raspberry pickin day, if all goes well. Then evening church. Thursday is a vague blob down the road, I don't know what we'll do, maybe fish. We tried last week with no luck, but instead of the kiddie pond maybe we'll go on the actual reserviour (sp??). At some point we have to actually pack for camp, but, not today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home