Tuesday, July 26, 2005

New Job

Well, things are looking as if I will need to get a job and I think I found just the one. It is with a local agency that works with disabled folks and at risk youth. They need a nurse that can help accompany disabled adults to community based activities. It's really low key and hours are from 8-12 in the mornings. The pay kind of sucks for me being an RN, but that is because technically it's an LPN position. I don't mind tho, due to the hours I won't have to pay day care and that means more money in the pocket. I think I've got it, just have to pass the pee test. That ought not be a problem. I wish I could stay home but we needs zee moneee.

I really did try to make work on one income, and it was really close, but a few unexpected events were just too much for our budget to handle, and voila, under the bus we go. I hate that. My mom lectures me about how we need to save, and we try but there just never seems to be any left over when we're done. I know, put the savings away first. But then we need to use for something and it never gets saved.

It never seems to matter how much or how little we make, we spend it. I know it's not a cash flow problem, it's a problem with us, I just don't know how to change it. According to spiritual advice, we ought to start tithing, that would set things right. Maybe it would, I believe in that, but we don't agree, and it doesn't work if we don't agree. Then it becomes one more financial stress. It's not a budget thing, I can budget with the best of them, we just don't follow it. Every person I know who does ok with money just says, with no clue why this is a problem, well just don't spend so much. It's kind of like telling my husband who smokes, well, just don't smoke, or telling someone with anger management problems, well, just don't get angry. It's easy to say if you don't smoke or don't have an anger management problem, harder to do. I don't know.

God says he has grace for every need, and I know he wants us to be prosperous, so I know this is an area of healing he will help us with, I just don't know what we need to do. I want to be a good steward of what he has given us. I am looking forward to the day when we do find healing in that area of our lives.

2 Comments:

Blogger Patty-Jo said...

Sorry you have to go back to work, but I understand how difficult it can be. I don't know if this helps but my sister and her hubby don't agree on tithing either. So she tithes on her income and he accepts that because she's not bugging him to do it with his income. That way, she can be obedient to God, without being in conflict with her hubby. Also, he just quit smoking, out of the blue, after over thirty years of puffing away. Hang in there!

Wednesday, July 27, 2005 1:54:00 AM  
Blogger madmom said...

Thanks Patty Jo. I was thinking something like that might work, but it still becomes a point of conflict when things are tight. I guess I just wish deep down that we would just agree about it so there wouldn't be any fight. At least this job is minimally impactive on the family, most days I am home before they get home from school and on days they don't have school they sleep in anyway.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005 7:56:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home