Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Crash

We had a car accident yesterday. Everyone is ok, just kind of bumped around and bruised, no apparant injuries. My air bag deployed, boy, isn't that fun? Stinky too. Luckily, my boobs blocked it from hitting any anything vital. Now of course they feel faintly reminicent of the first few days after you've given birth and your milk starts to come it, and you feel like you have 2 anvils attached to your chest wall. Not quite as bad as that, but close. Oy vay.

The last time I had an accident a bike hit me. I've never really had a big bang up accident. The kids were freaked out a bit, but they calmed down. We'll see if they will ride anywhere with me again. I wonder if I want to drive with me. Not that i have anything to drive really, just the old Suburban. The new suburban is in the shop getting a transmission. The old suburban really just needs to die a good death in some junk yard. Well, it runs, that's more than I can say for the minivan now. We just bought that in November. If it's totaled, we'll get a smaller beep beep car, if it's not, then we'll have the same car we had, with some new improved features.

Heavy sigh. I know it will get better. All things work for good for those who love God, for those who are teh called, according to his purpose. I have John 16:33 taped above my desk, "these things have I spoken to you, that you might have peace. In this world you shall have tribulation, but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world!" I like how it says you SHALL, not you might or you may. But Jesus is such the eternal optomist, what a sunny disposition, be of good cheer, I win! Ok, I'll try.

We were helped home by a very kind lady in another minivan who gave us a lift home, who lives in the area we live in. She was very sweet and very optomistic too. God seems to always send people miy or our way when we need it, to help. Sometimes in little ways and sometimes in big ways. I don't think I ever feel completely alone. I am grateful for that.

2 Comments:

Blogger Patty-Jo said...

Thank God you're alright. What a scary thing. The Lord was obviously looking out for you.
Hope your boobs feel better soon;)

Thursday, July 28, 2005 10:16:00 PM  
Blogger madmom said...

Thanks Patty Jo, yes we were all blessed that day. The girls are much better now, just bruised. Turns out the car its totaled, it will be completely paid off by the insurer so at least we can replace it, and won't have to continue to pay on a car we no longer have.

Friday, July 29, 2005 7:39:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home