Thursday, September 07, 2006

New news

Today I realized a new piece of what it means to let go. Over the past few months God has said to me, you have moved on physically (i.e. we moved to a new home) you need to move on in the spirit. Move on from the past, stop dwelling on what has been and move forward. I thought that meant move on as in get back to how things were before I had my break(i.e get over it, get better). I guess it should clue me that even in my verbage "get back", it is clear that is not going forward. I am dense I guess, slow sometimes to see what is right in front of me. I was praying for guidance, that I would have peace about this process of getting better. I still struggle with anxiety, depression some times but it doesn't rule my life. I just want it to go away, and my frustration is trying to get back to being the way I was before it came. Gos isn't saying go back to the way you were, he is saying, however, move on. Go forward. I have a new neighbor who is wonderful dear person and a great blessing. She deals with chronic severe migraines. There was time when she didn't have them, but now they are a part of her life. I am sure she has tried to get healed, to pray them away, but they persist. That is kind of how I feel, I wish it just wasn't there. I can't go back to the way I was, I have to go forward. I wear myself out trying to get back. I wear myself out. It's not a matter of giving in, but it is accepting where I am and believing God is willing and able to get me through. I guess that is lesson in going through the trials, not getting out of them. Time and again, in the bible God takes people through difficulty, he doesn't often remove them from it entirely.
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
I can't find the exact scripture but it says roughly that we are saved through the trial, not that we are saved from the trial. Anyway, an object lesson for me. Praise God!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home