Friday, November 18, 2005

Oh lovely fruitcake

Oh lovely fruitcake, golden, brown.
Richly jewelled with nuts, raisin, fruit.
Buttery, sweet, crumbly memories.
What would the holidays be without you?
Much maligned, misunderstood.
I don't mind, more for me!

I really like fruitcakes. I really think that everyone who hates them has just had really crappy, storebought ones. If you had a good slice of fruitcake you wouldn't hate it. Not those booze soaked ones, that's just icky, a good, buttery dried fruit fruitcake, with nuts and cherries. Even the citron is good, I don't understand why it is so universally hated. Maybe it's genetic, or something. Which of my forebearers were the fruitcake lovers, the German or the Scottish? Maybe it's in my blood. Like my love of shortbread and of saurbraten.

1 Comments:

Blogger PCDoc said...

Oh my GOD. I love you wife, but Jeez. An ode to the much maligned FRUITCAKE? I'm gonna puke.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005 9:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home