Sunday, October 09, 2005

Apples

We went to Hood River today to pick up apples. I have a great orchard I go to each year, called Mt View orchards, in Parkdale, which is a little town up in the hills above Hood River, on the way to Mt Hood. They ahve a lot of apples, but my favorite are the mystery apples. They have varieties that were given to the family several years ago on which info about them has been lost to time. They range from sweet to tart, big, little, hard, soft etc. It's just a big jumble of anything goes, for 25cents/pound. They make great apple sauce because there is such a variety of flavors. We got about 100 lbs, so I will be appl-ing for quite a while yet. I look at the boxes, big, big boxes full of apples on my dining room table. It makes me tired. I think I will have to dry some because honestly, I don't thing we'll eat that much apple sauce. But it's so good. We got pears too. Sigh.
http://www.mtvieworchards.com/
Good fall to y'all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home