Friday, September 23, 2005

Every good gift

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

I don't know about any one else but this verse from James I like. When I wonder if God knows or hears me when I am having trouble, or when I am tempted to think that even a good thing is probably going to turn out bad, I remember that he sends good things, that I matter to him and that he isn't turning away from me. He is steady as a rock, he doesn't have good days and bad days. That gives me hope, that all is never lost. Good will prevail, in fact, it has. I read the end of the book and God wins. The enemy's only real tool is that he can try to fool us into thinking that is not true, and act accordingly. We can ALWAYS choose not to believe him. no matter what our circumstances. All God asks is that we have faith enough to trust him, to take him at his word. He doesn't ask us to jump through religious hoops, he doesn't play word games with us. The answer is in our hearts and he knows it. Have faith, believe in me, believe that I will do what I say. And he does. He does.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home