Saturday, December 16, 2006

So much better

I am feeling so much better. Zithromax is a wonderful thing, all except for what it does to your insides, if ya know what I mean. I am getting into the swong of the new job, but it was a rough start, mostly due to staffing problems the week I started. I don't mind so much that I had to fill in, I just felt huffy that they didn't even ask me if that was ok, or apologize for such a screwy first week. Noone likes being thrown to the lions.

On another note, my dearly departed husband is greatly missed. No he isn't dea, just MIA. He has to work 12 on 12 off, at this point, he works at night, to keep communications up at the power company while they get the power back on. We fared well, no damage, no outage, just a few brief flickers. It is cold this am, getting warmer,up to 38. It snowed briefly yesterday, while I was at work. Then it got sunny and melted. We have psycho weather here. The old saying, if you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes and it will change applies.

I am sorry that I am just not going to get much done as far as Christmasy things this year, I am so very busy in the new job, it takes a lot of time and discipline to keep up with the basics, and I am having to train the kids to help more. I made cards to send but have only sent 3. I just haven't had time to address the rest. Maybe today??

Money is so tight, I am holding my breath hoping we stay afloat until I start getting regular checks in, they have a 3-4 week delay in paydays, which means I get paid the 28th for work week ending the 8th, and won't see my first full check until Jan 11, and that will be for work through the end of next week. They don't have direct deposit so I have to swing by the bank after work to deposit my check, just one more thing. But, it is good to know that I will be making more money, we are so behind in everything it isn't even funny.

The kids seem to be holding up ok, although they will be home now for 2 weeks all day long while I am at work. I can forsee some problems related to that. I had planned on having the second week of Christmas break off this year but with the new job it won't be possible or advisable. Maybe next year?? The story of my life.

I just want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas, a wealth of blessings in the new year, and a prayer that all would come to know God better and better each and everyday. He is our blessing, our blessed hope and our source of all that is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home