Sunday, December 03, 2006

Some of my favorite songs and why I like them

Generally, things that touch me, touch me because they remind me of God. I love him more than anything or anyone in the world. That's ok, because loving him allows me to love others better. I have noticed that it is just easier to love people when you see something of God in them, and you respond to that part of them. We really are just loving God, as we love others. When we try and manufacture something, it just isn't the same, because it isn't as genuine. We are made to love him.

Passenger Seat, SheDaisy.
Life's so sweet in the passenger seat. When I look to my left, see his suntanned hands, his muddy river hair and his thousand acre plans, all shook up like a quarter in a can, ain't life sweet.

He is like that, when I see God, in my dreams and visions, he is farmer often, his hands are dirty and suntanned, he isn't very glamorous, but he is strong and he is kind, and he is sweet. I find that it just makes me think of him, he is down to earth, and we respond to him, not because he is so huge (he is) but because he is so accessible.

Annie's Song, John Denver
You fill up my senses....

He does exactly that, he fills the empty places within me, I can feel, taste, smell, hear, and in many ways see him, as he speaks to me, communicates to me, in the myriad of ways he does. I close my eyes, and I see him there, looking back at me, his mouth, his eyes, he is never far away. One day I was driving along a fallow, plowed field, I am like that field, he softens the soil, works into it what it needs to flourish, he digs his hands deep into the dirt, embraces it, and begins pouring into it what he wants to grow there. I may feel like nothing is happening, like I am just laying there, nascent, but when the time is right, whatever he has planted springs up and grows like wildfire. Life springs up sometimes almost instantaneously. Other times, the ocean, reminds me of how it is to be in his arms, he is so vast, and yet he cradles us, embraces us, it is like floating in the ocean, and he is the ocean. Other times, tall trees, looking up at them from the bases, they pierce the sky, remind me of him, how he pierces us to the very heart, with his love. Sunsets are another time I hear him. It is as if he is painting a picture just for me, in colors I love and shapes that I could never imagine. There are so many ways God is so very present, to not only my awakened spirits, but to my very senses. He surrounds me, upholds me and sings over me every moment of every day and I can go through life knowing this and reaching for him, embracing him.

Every Light in the House is on, Trace Adkins (Oh yeah, baby!)
the backyard's bright as the crack of dawn, the front walk looks like runway lights, kinda like noon in the middle of night....... if you look south you'll see a glow, that's me waiting at home each might to kiss you........

So like him, when I go my own way, he doesn't make it tough to find him, he puts out the searchlights, the kleig lamps, etc. He is waiting with open arms and kisses for me to get back. All I have to is look for the glow. God is not trying to hide from anyone who truly wants to find him, who is searching for him with all their heart. His heart is that we never feel like we are alone, that we know he is there. He loves us with abandon, there is no arrogance, no “you got what you deserved”, all he wants is to see us come home, where he is waiting with open arms. Take one step toward him and you'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home