Saturday, December 02, 2006

A new job

The nasty cold bug is making the rounds here at our house. I am fighting and I believe winning. I am starting a new job tuesday, I am a bit nervous. It pays as well as any nurse job I have had, in years, and it is in long term care. I will be working in an Alzheimer's unit, as a care manager. I have done this before, and I am able to handle the job, and this facility has a lot of perks other places I have been don't. My pay will literally triple what it is now. I am not thrilled about full time but we need the money. I have some flexibility with my hours, so I will not be tied to a certain schedule. My current job is fun and very easy going but it pays very low, comparitively, and the new house expenses have increased signicantly. I think that the kids can handle a few hours alone, not more than two each evening. I don't like the latchkey kid thing, but they are 12 and 13, we were much younger when we stayed home after school alone. If trouble brews, they can participate in after school activities that will fill the time some. All in all, I think it will go well and it gets us out of the immediate crunch we are in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home