Monday, October 16, 2006

Followup

Well, I have been using the CPAP since thursday, it kinda sucks. I had such high hopes, and I do hope that it will improve with time. I am jsut having trouble getting used to this mask on my face. That pressure part I can deal with, although the first few minutes are rough. I can understand why people with claustrophobia would have trouble. It isn't that you can't breathe in, that is easy because of the pressure opening up your airway, it is breathing out, you feel this resistance and it feels somewhat suffocating, as if there were something over your face, like a bag or something. It is just an odd sensation. I get over it with a few deep breaths, but the mask is another matter. It slips around and leaks around the edges and if I tighten it to keep it still it hurts my head and face, and if I loosen if for comfort, it leaks, in any case it wakes me up regularly, which kind of defeats the purpose of treating the sleep apnea, which also disrupts my sleep. I hear that you eventually adjust, and I did speak to the nurse at pulmonology, she will message the sleep guys ot call me and set up a one on one appointment to see about the mask. I am so tired! I beleive it will get better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home