Friday, May 08, 2009

what takes up my time

I have been so very busy, and I would like for it to slow down. I don't mind being busy persay, when I chose to do so, it is when It isn't my choice that it stesses me. I had 4 patients die in the span of less than 2 weeks. It has kept me hopping. I had one person die while I was with them. It is funny that one minute a person can be breathing and the next minute not. I didn't even know they had gone until I tried to take vital signs, and nothing was there. I was gathering information to talk to his son about to help explain why I thought his dad was going to die soon. It seems surreal that here I am taking vital signs in order to help a person understand what is going on a person who is dead. He had just died, and was still warm and had been comatose anyway, so it really wasn't obvious, but I felt pretty foolish anyway. Trying to explain to his daughter in law how she would tell when he was dead, and he is already dead. Hospice is a funny thing, everyone thinks you are an expert, and in some things you are, but dead people still take me by surprise sometimes. Much of work ahs just been a bit of a grind, PCDOc is working crazy long hours and I am working long days too. I am so tired at the end of the day and I long for down time with no obligation. I feel weary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home