Wednesday, June 18, 2008

May and June

Ah, I found a good picture of the campsites we had at the park, this was a jpeg off the actual state park website, that's why it has the writing all over it, it isn't really clickable.


For Fathers Day we decided to camp a few days at a new State Park near Vernonia, in the coast range but before you get to the coast side of the hills. Stub Stewart state park. I do wish I had gotten pics of the actual sites, they were all w/c accessible, which is nice if you have w/c, but basically were gravel pads with no grass. Our site was on the very top of a ridge, very open and exposed, and being a rigde in a mountain range there was a steady biting wind. It made for good campfires, however. The first coule pics are just bucolic farmland you see throughout the Willamette Valley, very pretty.




My little God daughter had her first Communion a few weeks ago, Les and Peter were both trying not to get into any trouble

and Hanni was just being cute.
Back to Stub Stewart- the hillsides were covered in this Lupen, I think it's lupen. I couldn't get a really good shot, Les made me take the pics from the window of the car so, you can't get the sense of how it blankets the ground like apurple moving carpet, very pretty.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home