Monday, March 10, 2008

Cedar Creek Grist Mill

I suppose it's blogging laziness to just post pictures, but I get so busy, and I have these really nice pictures, I really do think that a picture can be worth many words, and I like tog ive little snap shots into the things I see. That's why I like to take pictures, I see things from a perspective and I want to show that perspective to others. Well, these are very nice pictures of a grist mill up the road a ways north of Vancouver.

Just so that you can't say I am a lazy blogger, let me tell you a little about what has been going on. My daughter turned 15 yeaterday, she had her party on Saturday, we had steak and shrimp, spinach salad, baked potatoes, asparagus, and chocolate cake (from Costco, the huge one). She got a PS2 game, (something Naruto), and some bath and body works goodies, and from grandma two t-shirts from Hot Topic (ick) and her ears pierced a second time. that's about as racy as it gets, but she said when she turns 18, which she has the days counted down to, she will be getting a third piercing, maybe her nose??? Yeah, right, whatever.

I am working very hard, long hours and days, but I am enjoying what I am doing. It is hard work but rewarding work. Yeah, my people die, but they were dying anyway and at least I can help them die better. I have many people who tell me their family member died well, the way they would have wanted to. That makes me feel good.

I have been playing a game every friday to unwind, an online first person shooter called Star Wars Battlefront. It is kind of fun. I don't usually get into gaming, but this isn't creepy like those horrible zombie FPS games. Little to no blood. There is a group of us from my husbands work and friends/family. The back and forth is fun, and there is a little competition, however they guys that play all the time wipe the floor with most of us.

Ok, on to the pretty pics.....................













1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Heather - it's Becky in Alaska..... your hubby gave me this address and invited me to check it out. BEAUTIFUL PICS!!!!
Thank you!
As relates to teens - my hubby and I were listening to a comedian about 3 years ago, and just about fell off our couch laughing when we heard the following: "What's with the kids and all this metal all over their bodies? This girl came over to hang out with my daughter, and she had it in her lips, her tounge, her eyebrows - chains looping all over. I thought - this kid looks like she fell down the stairs holding a fishing tackle box! So I said to my kid, if you want to look like that - I got a tackle box in the garage - I'd be happy to oblige. But, I'm not gonna let some stranger do that to you - so don't even ask." So far, she isn't interested....neither is her brother.
Then, again listening to comedians - I think Bernie Mack? or someone like him... He talked about the kids walking around with the pants waistline under their backsides. He said - if those kids only knew where that came from! These gansta rappers that sort of spread that "fashion" emulate their buddies in Prison - and the prison guys wear their pants like that to advertise that they are "available" - they have no intimate partner at the moment. Hence the pants exposing the backside. He said that he had watched a cop pull over, and talk to 3 boys walking down the street, and tell them that - and he asked the boys if that's what they were telling everyone - they needed a new boyfriend? Cause if that was the case he'd have to arrest them for soliciting on the streets....
All three boys yanked their pants up immediately, and furiously denied any such message....
It worked on Jacob, too (our boy).
He was absolutely outraged and indignant that I could even think such a thing - but the pants are up around the top of his hips - and they are staying there!!!! HOORAY!!!!!!
Thought I would help you smile this morning......

Thursday, May 22, 2008 10:05:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home